Good old Facebook. Just when I'm ready to swear off of it again, I get some great message or encouragement. Check this out (straight from a FB friend):
Fly this banner over every wound and regret: Satan meant it for evil, but God meant it for good. (Gen. 50:20)--John Piper
I think I forget how high the stakes are in hard times. I sink into myself and assume my reaction and pain don't matter that much in the scheme of things. Ummm...read Job much?
My day was again dominated by things of a medical nature. E-mails, voice mails, telephone consults, and heading up the clinic again for more blood work. It hasn't been that long, but I'm not sure I remember what a "normal" day feels like.
The lab tech today was not overly thrilled about how few options she had for drawing blood. I have so many holes in me right now or giant bruises where the holes were that options are few. She managed to get some blood with a butterfly needle out of a vein I didn't even know was there.
I am reacting adversely to at least one of my meds. The doc took me off of it for now, but will do a re-trial of something similar when my symptoms are cleared up. I have symptoms of overall myalgia (muscle pain) and my hands keep going numb. That is apparently not a good sign. I sure didn't think so. The doc is also adjusting some other things. I am learning and re-learning in a hurry both from my own experience and that of a friend of mine, that heart stuff is not an exact science.
I am thankful in it all that I have health insurance, a doctor who called me twice on the weekend, and a cardiac care team coordinator who is helping me navigate all this. Very thankful. They are all taking me seriously and working to help me find my new normal.
So time to fly the flag over this one--God means this for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.