Right now, we only have 171 state-mandated days of homeschool remaining....Yup, we made it through the first day. This morning I suspected that my physical strength was not enough for what was before me. This afternoon, I knew it for sure. My prayer this morning was that God's strength would show in my weakness. My prayer this afternoon was the same, just more urgent. It was a reminder that God doesn't call us to be comfortable, he calls us to do what He asks us to do.
The day wasn't all about weakness, though. I got to experience the joy of obedience in so many ways, despite my fatigue. It was hilarious to see Elijah doing the braining training exercises for the first time. He giggled so hard he fell on the floor. It is also one of my favorite things to see Joseph reading to Elijah. And, as always, Joseph worked very hard and was encouraging to Elijah and to me. Elijah is so excited about working on reading that he was hopping up and down, and Joseph was begging to be able to "watch him learn how to read". I think they both expected Elijah to be reading chapter books by late afternoon.....
The day started with Joseph up, showered, and ready to get going. Elijah, in contrast, was under his covers not wanting at all to wake up or get out of bed. We had a long and good day at Water World yesterday with family, so we were all tired, especially Elijah. (At least I am telling myself this to convince myself he will be easier to wake up tomorrow....) The school day ended with the boys reading together and all of us listening to a major downpour of rain and hail.
I'm not sure how the next 171 days will go. I'm just thankful for this day in all its joys and challenges and opportunities. I can't believe God has entrusted this to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.