Last night, we had thinkin' rain. It's that kind of rain that cools everything off, falls straight down, and comes without lightning and thunder. It's the perfect rain for just sittin' on the porch and thinkin'. I did both (until the boys found me).
Now, lest you have some idyllic picture in your head of me on my wrap-around porch in my colonial rocker, let me re-paint that for you. I was on the tiny concrete slab at my front door sitting in my sagging fold-up camp chair in the only square spot that was protected from rain. I know. I must have been a sight. I'm pretty sure I'll be sittin' and thinkin' in my open garage, given a few more years. I already have an old TV in the garage, so I just have to wait until my couch is old enough to put out there. It's pretty old, but I think we can limp along with it a few more years as long as we don't lose someone in the parts where the couch sinks waaaayyyy down low. Add in a cooler for my unflavored seltzer water habit, and there will be some party in my garage. Did I mention my ancient boom box is out there too? I just wish I knew where my cassette tapes went..... Seriously, when it's ready, this is gonna be the garage for everyone who's anyone.
And so, I might have digressed just a bit.....Anyway, back to my fabulous time out in the rain. I did need thinkin' time and some fresh air. I had a lot to ponder. Still do, but I'm grateful for that small slice of time. There's just something about rain. I didn't need a huge house with a wrap-around porch, I just needed some time being refreshed by the rain God sent and by His very presence with me. Somehow, the loneliness that has been intruding lately, seemed less out there.
I'll let ya'll know when my garage is fully furnished and you can join me there. BYOUSW (Bring Your Own Unflavored Seltzer Water) Oh yeah, and bring your cassette tapes too. As far as flavored seltzer water goes, I will leave that up to you and your conscience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh how I wish we could get some thinkin' rain!
ReplyDelete