My day has continued the same main theme as the past few--school and cooking and chores. In it, things that are interesting to me, yet seemingly unrelated, keep happening.
Breathing has been challenging. Basic need. Not working for me as well as I think it should. I finally got a clue and used my asthma peak flow meter. I should be around 470-480 and I am at 350. Hmmm. Now it kind of makes sense why breathing has been a challenge....
We read at bedtime last night and learned two things:
1) Don't read books that make your children want to get out of bed and do science experiments. They rrreeallly wanted to experiment with liquids of different weights.
2) Don't read books that make your children hugely emotional. After reading a really sweet and tender book called "How Much is That Doggie in the Window", Joseph was teared up and Elijah was sobbing uncontrollably.
I guess I'm getting old because this morning I saw a neighbor in cute little PJ boxer shorts and a cute little sleep shirt getting something out of her car. I thought, "Wow, what cute PJ's those are." Then, she drove off. I guess they were clothes....
I and II Kings just simply don't give enough information. These kings were pretty interesting guys. Some were so evil. They all have really interesting stories. I'd like to know more about that evil queen Athaliah. I'd like to know more about all of them. I'd also like to know why kings of Israel and Judah kept stealing each other's names. Really? It wasn't enough to have one guy named Ahaziah?
I decided to make a "quick" batch of green chile this morning. I guess I forgot how long it takes to chop all these onions and garlic and chiles and tomatoes.....Not so quick.
I had to break up a situation outside where Elijah was screaming angrily at Joseph. When I asked Joseph what was going on he said, "I am trying to make him really angry so then I can make him laugh really hard." Ummm, way to exploit your brother's emotions....Joseph is one honest kid.
Elijah ate some crackers just before we did brain integration therapy exercises today. I was behind him trying to get his arms going the right direction and finally said in exasperation, "Elijah, please quit picking your teeth so we can do this right." He furrowed his brow and said with a wounded air, "Mom, I'm NOT picking my teeth, I'm picking my nose." So much honesty around here....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.