Today brought some changes to what I thought the week held. Apparently, basketball is taking over our lives this week, but it did not announce that it was until today. Joseph is playing in a league-wide 3-on-3 tournament this week. The schedule is evolving hourly and gradually creeping into more of the week. Today we learned that one of the boys selected for the All-League team can't play and Joseph was an alternate. The All-League team has two practices and a game this week. So, here we go.
Elijah has decided he needs to begin basketball skills camp. He asked us about it last night and we told him we didn't know what was currently being offered. He said, "Well, then just go to skillscamp.com." That might actually work.
Elijah is steadfastly refusing to bow to the weird phonetic rule that the combination of "p" and "s" results in a silent "p". Daily, he practices one of his verses from Psalms and begins by saying puh-salm....He appears not to hear or be affected by my attempts to correct him. I hope he doesn't have to see a puh-sychologist about this someday.
Both boys quietly rebelled against brushing their hair today and are wearing beanies instead. My deep thanks to all the super-cool guys out there who have modeled for my boys that wearing a beanie instead of brushing your hair is an option. Actually, the boys do look kinda cute....Honestly, brushing hair hasn't been a strong priority around here. Teeth, yes. Hair? Not so much. Gum disease and cavities are a reality, but I don't know of many documented cases of scalp rot from skipping the hairbrush. I think homeschool has really hurt us in this area because we can just kind of start the day and then 4 hours later I'll be at the library suddenly realizing the two boys with me look like wild men.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.