The only word to describe the way I woke up today is giddy. It's been awhile since I've felt my face break out in an all-out smile.
I woke up to overcast skies and steady rain. Confession--I laid in bed an extra 40 minutes just looking out the window and listening to the rain. Love.
When I finally got up, my stomach didn't hurt. Maybe that doesn't seem like big news, but my stomach has hurt for two straight weeks. No pain this morning. Love.
Reading the Bible today was like a feast. Part of what I read was Zechariah 3:1-4 where Jeshua stands before God in his filthiness with Satan accusing him before God, rightly so. But instead of accepting the accusation, God strips Jeshua of his filthiness, silences the accusation, and dresses him in purity. That is my story. Love.
Both of the boys woke with bleary eyes, wild hair, and goofy smiles. Love.
Brian got up, read his Bible, got ready for the day, and went to work. He does this for us because God has shaped him into a man who cares for his family out of love for his God. Love.
I laughed at what I ate last night. It is probably not on the bland food diet for recovery from stomach illness. I was ready for flavor and just took the plunge. I went back to my spices and garlic and onion that I so dearly love. Homemade jalepeno beans, homemade spanish rice, homemade spicy green chile, onions and garlic flying everywhere. I topped it all off with homemade apple crisp slathered in freshly whipped cream. My stomach felt like it would explode. I haven't eaten that much in over two weeks. The apples were windfall from my aunt's yard and mouthwateringly fresh. I knew I would probably pay the price, but oh oh oh was that food good. Love.
(Rather than paying a heavy price for all my spices and onion and garlic, I improved. I wonder if docs should re-visit their bland food diet....)
Instead of getting started in a timely manner on school, the boys and I laughed and messed around and I made them big steaming mugs of chai tea with agave and half-n-half. Love.
Today as I prayed in my state of near giddiness, I was just flooded with gratitude for the God who gives and takes away who chose this day to give me so much that I could savor. Discouragement has been heavy on me and I suspect I have not seen the last of discouragement on this earth, but to be given a morning like this.....Love. Blessed be the Name.
Then awhile later, I "liked" every status on Facebook that said something about rain. Mmmm-hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.