Well, it appears I have now survived the worst of whatever evil stomach invader it was that invaded last week. From headache to barely functional, it went pretty fast. Then from barely functional to needing an IV for severe dehydration and uncontrollable nausea went pretty fast. Now, the healing seems a bit slow. I'm ready to feel better.
I also managed to survive a day of school. I can't pretend it was one of those days that all those amazing bloggers blog about in their spacious schoolrooms with heart of pine floors and custom desks lovingly crafted by their husbands in the woodshop out behind the barn overflowing with the bounty of the most recent harvest enveloped in the mouth-watering scent of freshly-baked bread. Oh, excuse me. I didn't mean to get carried away, but really, have you ever seen one of those blogs? They make me nuts. Especially today. I survived.
Today was all about perseverance, but I did get one small laugh in it all. Elijah has started piano with me. Like his mother, left and right mean very little to him, so we're working on that. (Ever heard of the blind leading the blind? Yup.) First things first. Of course with piano, you also have to learn how what you thought was your first finger is actually your second finger. So, lots to learn. Here's how it went down today.
Elijah: (uses left hand to play right hand notes)
Me: Hey, Elijah. Use your right hand above middle C, OK?
Elijah: (still trying to use left hand)
Me: Why don't you try that again with your right hand? (takes Elijah's right hand in hers and puts it on correct notes)
Elijah: (very resigned) Well, it's my right hand for piano, but it's not really my right hand.
Me: (very quiet, rather concerned, also suppressing a giggle) Elijah, your right hand is always your right hand.
Elijah: (no response, obviously in disbelief since piano has changed the rules of fingers already)
The End
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you are feeling better. Is the same thing that Elijah had forever? Anyone else had it in your house?
ReplyDelete