It's so weird that whoever built this house put in popcorn ceiling everywhere but the kitchen. I really wish they had skipped the popcorn on the rest of the ceilings.
I wonder if I can count the 10 minutes Elijah and I spent figuring out how the front doorbell works as school.
I wish I wasn't so tired from the weekend. I need a day off. I don't know "off" from what, but it just sounds good.
I'm so glad I had leftover casserole that my mom left at my house because lunch was really, really good today.
We are not going to be done with school before 8:30 tonight.
I wonder if I will ever be like "those" moms that don't feel any pressure or anxiety about their children's birthday celebrations. Maybe if my kids didn't always request massively home-cooked meals that require all my time and energy it would help. Don't other kids just ask for Little Caesar's for big family gatherings? There's a compliment to my cooking in there somewhere, but it seems rather obscured by how much time the prep will take this week.
I really must be tired. The kitchen floor is tile and I'm still lying on it.
I think we'll just do Spanish next year. Spending most of the morning trying to force a pair of headphone/microphone thingies to work and having no success has kind of dampened my already weak enthusiasm for foreign language studies.
I can't believe I stand in grace. Romans 5 just blows me away. Every time. I'm the chick that should be wallowing in mud, and I've been set on my feet by Jesus (even when I'm on the kitchen floor) and I stand in grace. Amazement continues.
I hope Target takes those headphone thingies back. If not, maybe Brian will agree to my original plan of alleviating frustration by running them over with the car and listening to the crunch.
Why does Elijah act like I've just asked him to clean the shower with his tongue when I ask him to do math facts?
I really wish the Broncos had won yesterday, but they made it interesting. It was really nice that Joseph and Elijah got tickets for their birthdays and just happened to need their parents along. I love professional football. Does this have anything to do with my level of aggression in general? Perhaps my earlier desire to run over the offending headphone thingies is a bit revealing here?
Why is my SMARTphone so not. SMART, that is. I take pictures. I delete pictures. The deleted pictures re-appear weeks later. The pictures I still want disappear. Take, for instance, pictures from the Bronco game yesterday. Maybe they will re-appear next week sometime.
I'm still lying on the kitchen floor.
I should go write in my blog. I need to write.
Elijah probably left that Ranger Rick magazine picture on the table again--the one of the snake shedding its skin, even the skin on its eyeballs. I really dislike that picture. He knows it.
Vocabulary isn't that funny. Why is there so much laughter coming from the homeschool room?
Good-bye, sweet cold hard unyielding kitchen floor. Thank you for the down time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.