There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, April 9, 2010

Through the Ears of a Child

I love how kids hear songs and rhymes. Here's Elijah's latest:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and taco shells
And pretty maids all in a row.

I will never say this rhyme the "right way" again! I really prefer this version.

It seems like I have cute things to post about Elijah. So much of that just goes with the 4-year-old stage. I do not intentionally leave Joseph out. It is harder for me to recount cute things he does. What I do love to watch in him is his growing sense of kindness and the way he will pray through a list at bedtime of everyone he's heard about who is struggling or hurting. He even prays for people he doesn't know and he never gives up. He is also very devoted to his little brother. Elijah is so spoiled by Joseph that he won't even let me help him buckle his seatbelt in the car. It has to be Joseph. So, we've got a whole lot of cute going on around here, but we also have a whole bunch of growth and maturity going on. I do have to laugh, though. Even as I see God at work in Joseph in so many ways, the blessed boy can't go anywhere or leave anywhere without forgetting something....As has been so often said: It's a good thing our heads are attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.