Unless you've looked at the ingredients on certain baked goods lately, it is unlikely you know what xanthan gum is. Of course, if you have to be wheat-free like I have to be, you probably know what it is. See, without gluten, baked goods don't stick together at all. Xanthan gum helps with that problem. It's just that IF YOU LEAVE IT IN THE FREEZER AND DON'T ADD IT TO YOUR APPLESAUCE COFFEE CAKE.....alright, I'll stop hollering about it now. I forgot to put it in, okay? It's just so frustrating. My diet is so limited. I don't have cheat days unless I want to be violently ill, so I never "cheat". I really don't. There's no point. The price I would have to pay for eating something I'm allergic to is too high. I have to make things from scratch. I REALLY wanted this applesauce coffee cake. Talk about crumb cake.....true crumb cake. Oh well. I'm sure it will still taste good eaten with a spoon, right?
Am I the only one who is a serial "I-forgot-one-ingredient" type of cook?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What about putting the wrong ingredient in? My favorite story is Paige putting salt in the mix instead of sugar to make bread. :o) She will never live it down.
ReplyDelete