I'm kind of a nerd. I got really interested in Greek last year. The further along I have gone in Bible study, the more interested I have become in how all the people who really go deep seem to know something about Greek, and even Hebrew. I took one look at Hebrew and decided I would need a new brain for that one, but Greek....? It goes left to right and sort of looks like real letters. How hard could it be? Last year, I started with the textbook and workbook that most beginning seminary or Bible college students use. The professor who wrote the book says most people can't go through the book as independent study, but I was determined to prove him wrong.
He was right.
I made it partway through and one day, I no longer understood what was going on at all. I am still using my very basic knowledge of Greek in study and it does add, but I want more. Here's the really cool part. My sweet husband, who has patiently listened to me read my papers aloud to him over the years or helped me understand hard things in the Bible or had to come to me after I've absconded with one of his study resources, has agreed to refresh his own Greek by taking me through beginning Greek! The nerd in me is pretty excited.
(Side note: Yes, I write papers. No, they aren't for anyone. I chart Bible books, I write summaries, I write papers, I do word studies. I just do. I'm not sure why I have this fire in me to study and learn the Word. I just do. So, I do it, praying all the time that God will use it to his glory.)
So, Greek here I come again! Whoo-hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
girl you should share your writings here! Let others benefit from your fire and wisdom. And then teach me greek. Cuz I really wanna learn it. I think we need to move to Colorado...then you can teach me greek and Brian can teach me guitar, and all will be well in the world. ;o)
ReplyDelete