I think my worst fear is that I will find out that the foundation of my life is something or someone else besides Jesus Christ. I want him to be my one and only so desperately. Then I see the telltale signs of idolatry in me. The problem is that when God reveals idolatry, it comes at such a high price--at least for me. He usually has to take away what I treasure most. He has done that in me more than once. Dreams, people, places. Have I learned yet? Or will I suffer another grievous loss and find out yet again that my faith is still misplaced?
My heart is so heavy today. I wish I could explain how much I want Jesus to be my greatest treasure and how it grieves me when I see evidence of where he isn't.
Something new has begun in me recently. God is always good to lead me to the next place. This place is called the path to godliness. I would like to share what he's teaching, but it is still forming as I study and pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm starting a new book...praying God's word by Beth Moore...the first chapter is about overcoming the stronghold of idolatry, we'll see what it has to say...
ReplyDelete