There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eclipse!!!

I am so excited that I saw the lunar eclipse last night! Starting at 10:30, we started going outside every 15 minutes or so to look for changes. By 11:00, the shadow was obvious and the light was not nearly as bright. The sky was crystal clear, the stars were everywhere--it was all stunning. Between 12:30 and 1:00, we watched (and shivered) as the final white crescent disappeared and the whole moon was reddish. I know we won't have another of these in my lifetime. I am just so thankful for the opportunity to see this and get really excited about God's creation.

I am a little tired today....it was worth it. Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.