This morning, I was rather shocked to discover it was Thursday. This week has been a flurry of errands, Christmas shopping, homeschool, basketball practice, church, and just life in general. It has kind of blended together.
I do have a huge blessing in my life right now. I am not stressed or panicked about Christmas gifts. I still have a few more to get, but for the first time in my adult life, I am not panicked about gifts. I have no idea how it happened. Somehow, I have taken what seems like a very small amount of money and managed to find some fun little gifts for every child on my list and I still have a little bit of money left over. I was so blessed to find not one, but two, $10-off coupons to Kohl's and I saved $20 on a batch of Christmas gifts. One big thing this year was the decision on both sides of my family just to do "kid" gifts and no "grown-up" gifts. I do think that's a huge part of it. I have never been able to reciprocate what others can give. When it turns into, "I'll swap you a $10 Starbucks gift card for a $25 AMC card, it starts to feel kind of like we're running a deficit." Sometimes, I am able to make something like food or a dinner kit or some sort of craft, but that doesn't work every year and sometimes still costs more than I expect.
So....I have a few more things to figure out, but I am enjoying seeing the month of December through eyes that are not swimming in gift-panic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.