I cut my hair. Well, technically, someone else cut my hair. It's short again. My middle-aged hair and I have not been getting along. When it's longer, it has 1 good day out of 14 and I think, "Wow, I'm never cutting my hair. This is pretty good." Then, about 7 days into a stretch of stringy, awful hair, I typically decide to cut it. However, I usually don't get into the hairstylist in that next 7 days and a good hair day hits. And....the cycle begins again.
I got my hair cut in the middle of the second 7 day stretch. It's short. I always mourn the long hair and at the same time am relieved not to have stringy hair clinging to my face and neck. I also don't look quite so dreadful in the morning when my hair is short. It's not tangly, flat, and plastered to my head. I just miss the longer hair. There is definitely good and bad on the short hair thing.
As I anticipated, there were plenty of comments about how people's husbands won't let them cut their hair. Always interesting for me since I apparently live with the most easygoing man on earth. This guy thinks I am really pretty with any length hair and tells me so. I really must remember to include that in the list of my massive life blessings. For sure. (He does have one hair opinion--he is not quite ready for me to become my current natural color--gggrrraaayy. I'm not either, so we agree.)
I did encounter plenty of people who completely understand the middle-aged hair dilemma. I am not alone. So, for now, it's the short-haired Patti. I really must remember a scarf on cold days. It's cold on my neck when the wind blows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pictures!
ReplyDelete