Here I am. Christmas is coming whether or not I'm ready. I'm glad not to have school today, but I looked at the list of gifts I still need to figure out and had to sigh....deeply. I am sitting here with "brown" in my hair (the monthly gray hair attack day), wondering how I will figure out what to get for these last couple of hard people on my list. (I am also mildly concerned that I have turned part of my neck brown since my hair is short now.) The fact that I still haven't finished grocery shopping and I have to combine it with Christmas shopping might make for a long stretch of time in the stores today. Maybe the chemical seeping into my skull right now will inspire me. Or not.
It's almost harder to figure out those last few gifts after a week where God has used every possible avenue to make sure I know He's near. I have been so blessed. I cannot possibly bless that way in return.
Wanna hear the latest? Our church took a collection for staff appreciation gifts. The amount we got paid off Joseph's braces. Paid off. Done. Finito. (OK, yeah, it's Phase 1, but a year ago, we couldn't even conceive of how Phase 1 could ever be funded. The provision has been stunning.) Joseph isn't worried anymore about his teeth sticking out at all kinds of funny angles and we don't owe on his treatment. Praise God. Why He stoops to care for needs like crooked teeth is a bit beyond me, but He does. How tender He is. And....we have just enough left to get dress pants for the boys so they don't have to wear jeans to an upcoming wedding. Again, praise God.
A quick word of caution here, lest any reader think our life has turned perfect....it hasn't. We've just gotten a dose of God's nearness by His provision in the physical realm. He is so good to respond to the weakest whisper of a wobbly faith. Oh, and did you see the moon last night? I couldn't sleep because of it. I had to get out of bed and go outside and look at it not once, but twice. Talk about a majestic Creator....Took my breath away.
I think it would be fun to experience how life feels with a hefty savings account and a nicely growing retirement account stashed away. The days of car repairs not being a terrifying financial event are several years in the past. But seriously, this manna thing? Beyond description. What a ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.