Yesterday, I got to see the Imax "Hubble" movie in 3-D at our museum. I love outer space. The boys and I have spent this school year checking out library books about outer space. We are devouring them and we still can't get enough. Just ask my kids what kind of rain is on Venus or if they would want to walk on Jupiter or what is in the center of our galaxy. Anyway, we all got to see the Hubble movie together. It took my breath away. It actually did. I could feel my heart pounding at the vastness of the space surrounding the astronauts, at the close-ups of the Orion nebula, at the vast array of galaxy upon galaxy. I was transfixed. Several times, I felt tears well up in my eyes. All I could think was, "God, how big are you? This is beyond comprehension."
Maybe the vastness is why people don't believe in the Creator. Maybe it's too scary to comprehend someone that big, that powerful. I have to say, some of the glimpses of the black reaches of space made me feel kind of shaky. I think it's entirely possible that any thoughts of a Creator who can make all that could make someone shaky enough that they decide to head over to a belief that makes their knees feel a little less shaky. I can't really think of any other reason why what I saw yesterday doesn't convince people of the Creator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.