There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trial by Boiler

So....the boiler repairman finished up. If I could have back the money we've put into our boiler....ok, I can't. That train of thought only leads to discontent. In other words, it leads nowhere good. I just feel the boiler lacks a certain...ummm....shall we say GLAMOR?? Seriously, it has no glamor. It looks like a beast just lurking in the laundry room. It sounds like a beast. It actually kind of smells like one too. I guess the fact that I refer to it as THE BEAST probably doesn't surprise anyone.

I'm pretty frustrated that the knees of one of my two wearable pairs of jeans got blackened by boiler goo when I was attempting to clean up afterwards. Boilers are very dirty. Very. I am washing the jeans and hoping for the best because I really, really need them. Without them, I actually will have to resort to denim skirts since I have two of those....Please, Fels Naptha soap, work your stain-removal magic.

I will be graciously hosting another repairman tonight between 4 and 6 to check on some more issues with the boiler. Then, I will be expecting a call after the team has met to look at digital photos of our system. Seriously? I have friends who are waiting on word from a pediatric surgical team to find out how open heart surgery will be done on their little baby boy. It just feels ridiculous to be sitting here waiting on results from our.....boiler team. So trivial. So grating to be dealing with this year after year. So blechy. (That is my own word. It works for me.)

I have already apologized to Elijah and God for demonstrating a distinct lack of contentment, joy, and trust in the Lord this morning. The apology was accepted by both, most graciously. Now for a little vision therapy....eyes on the Lord, not the boiler or the checkbook or......just the Lord.

As for my friends? Not a day goes by in our family when we don't lift them up to the Lord who tenderly loves their little boy. He will have surgery in the next week or two.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate. We just had to repair the truck and buy new tires, about $1,500. Only the Lord knows where that is going to come from!! I am trusting He has it all figured out!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.