This morning, I have been tense. Again, I am finding way too many days where the afternoons are being filled and I don't seem to be able to stop it. This causes a serious problem with homeschool when too many afternoons fill up. This week, it's been grocery shopping (not sure how we can do without that), work at the church office (not really optional), and now an eye doctor appointment (I haven't had one in almost 5 years). As I have realized about a thousand times already, homeschool isn't the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. (Don't you love the power of understatement. Of course you understand, I am saying it is one of the hardest things I have ever done....)
What a funny place for the Lord to call me. I think any of His children who have been following Him for any length of time have probably found themselves in some pretty interesting places. This was one of the places on my "Nope, Not Gonna Do It" list. That list has shrunk noticeably over the years. Silly of me, the list-maker by nature, to make a list of things I never want to do and don't think I can do. It makes it so much easier for me to see God asking me to do those things and learning that He really means....His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
Guess I'd better get back to school--Elijah is alone with scissors and Joseph is most likely sitting and pondering his dislike for math rather than doing it.
P.S. As I was about to post this, I heard an anguished cry and hurried to investigate. Elijah was sadly trying to tape together his new 2011 calendar that he had been chopping with scissors....And, for the record....Joseph's math remained untouched, but his impromptu art project was developing nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.