There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pictures of Life

I am catching up on paperwork, which never seems to end, and chilling to some Portugese music (from our Brazilian family) while Joseph does math. (By the way, the word "chilling" has a double meaning. I am relaxed, but I am ffrrrreezzzing. My hands are getting cold, my feet are cold. It is just so cold outside that it creeps inside.) Anyway, I think I have the better end of the deal....Poor kid has more long division today. I remember learning long division. A bit like torture, as I recall.

I don't think I'll ever get the hang of how to load my pictures in a certain order and put information with each of them, so you'll have to settle for out-of-order pictures and all the description at the top. I just wanted to share a couple of snow pictures from our recent snow. It's been a very dry fall and winter here, so even though this was a cold (as in sub-zero) snow and no good for snowmen (too dry), we still went out to enjoy it and benefit from the carefully engineered sledding chute (courtesy of Brian). The snow wasn't quite as deep as we like, so there were a few tree vs. person incidents, but no one was hurt and the boys thought it was a great adventure. I also wanted to share a funny picture of the boys hiding in the basement shower in the dark with their new lanterns as well as a picture of New Year's Day morning. I'm not great about sharing pictures, so it was time.





2 comments:

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.