I've been challenged the last two weeks by a sermon series on Haggai. It's not a new challenge, it's just that God has chosen to place it before me yet again. It's a simple question, really: Is God enough? Just God. No one else. Nothing else. Is he enough?
Aren't all "good" Christians supposed to say yes? Of course we are to find our satisfaction and joy and identity and fulfillment solely in Christ. So, the answer is supposed to be yes.
I'm not sure my answer is yes. I think I am still on the God + plan. God + something a little (or a lotta) extra thrown in to make me more comfortable. The part after the + in the equation has a lot of possibilities.
I want to be satisfied in God, utterly and completely, without any math thrown in. Just the One and Only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.