Balance is a good thing. It's necessary. I'm not talking about the Americanized version of life balance involving 95% "me" time and 5% left over for other people. That is a topic for another day.
I am thinking of actual balance. The walking kind. The kind I seem to be lacking since I stepped off the houseboat at Lake Powell a couple of days ago. I thought it would be mild, but this has been a constant rocking motion without a break except when I'm in the car. It's actually worse when I wake up in the night. The swaying is so distinct then that I have to lie there trying to remember where we're anchored and figure out if I'm sleeping inside the boat or on the roof of the boat.
I don't feel sick, just off-balance. I have run into a few things, but no major incidents at this point.
This morning, I missed my 6am swim in the sparkling water of Lake Powell. The sun came up there shortly after 5am and by 6am I needed a swim to cool off. I loved it.
I'm not sure when I'll share more or what I'll share, but we just completed our exciting Lake Powell adventure as the guests of Brian's sister and her family and there are stories to tell. For now, I'm going to step away from my computer screen as it appears to be moving up and down and it's difficult to focus my eyes on what I'm typing. I am rreeallly missing my morning swim....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.