Today has been a rough day as far as my energy is concerned. Since my heart attack, I have never returned to my normal energy level. I'm not much of a napper, but I do find myself having to lie down in the afternoon more than ever in my life. Today, I was really thinking I wanted to lie down right after I got some bread in the oven. Here's how it went:
Time to make the bread. This is a quick recipe. It won't take long. Oh, I don't have enough of my special flour mix. I'd better make more. That won't take long. Finally. That took longer than I remembered. OK, bread is in the oven. Time to lie down....right after I wash up the dishes real quick. I don't like having a sinkful of dirty dishes at dinnertime. Oh, rats. The dishwasher is full of clean dishes. Oh well. I'll unload it. Won't take long. Well, that took longer than I'd hoped. Time to lie down. Oh. The clean laundry is on the bed. No worries. I'll put it away real quick. Won't take long. Wow, that was more laundry than I remembered. All I have to do is put the clean socks in Elijah's drawer. Oh. His bed is still unmade. I forgot I had him strip the sheets today. Ummm. Well. I can make it. It won't take long.
Maybe I won't lie down after all. By my calculations, in order to have dinner on the table on time for Brian to get to a meeting on time, I need to start cooking it about 20 minutes. Very. Deep. Sigh. 9pm bedtime, here I come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.