The lawn mower is not broken. I am so thankful.
The washer, however, is. Brian returned home from a meeting and immediately went to work on the washer. He finally located the problem. A broken sensor. We can't fix that one, so our good buddy the repairman will be here in a few days. In the meantime, we are filling the washer with the washer hose. Brian detached it and we can fill the washer. It will still agitate and drain, so we just get to fill it every time it needs water. Given our insanely high water pressure that is still higher than pretty much anyone's (even with the addition of a pressure regulator a few years ago when it became apparent our plumbing system was being torn apart by water pressure), this is resulting in water going everywhere, not just in the washer. I'm not feeling the humor yet.
I can live just fine without a dishwasher. A clothes washer however??? I'm not sure I can figure that one out.
I'm not just having trouble finding the humor, I am losing my sanctification in that room--the laundry room. It is the home of the dragon, errrr, boiler. Until earlier this year, it was a cesspool of carbon monoxide. I have seen it full of steam and black sticky goo from the boiler. I have seen the floor pooling with water from other boiler issues. It is home base for the spiders. It is honestly like a room you would see in a horror movie where the damsel in distress is chained to a pipe. We have the room for it. Let me know if anyone is scouting a location. Or not. I don't really want that scene faked in my laundry room. We have enough real distress in there without adding fake drama.
I wish I was one of those Christians that thought these were light and momentary troubles and was using my gentle, soft voice with a small twinkle in my eyes. Right now, I'm just sort of unsanctified.
Brian sees this slide down and is filling the washer for me on one of the rinse cycles before he leaves for work. He actually smiled once when I got all sprayed with water. Apparently, he's seeing more humor than I am.
This is going to be pretty funny, but probably not until September or October. I guess I should have waited until then to tell the story.
I have one bright spot in the day. Well, actually I have a ton. Saying I have one is ridiculously ungrateful and patently untrue. The one that is standing out is this phenomenal weather. Oh wow. Windows open. Perfect temperatures. It is absolutely perfect today. Fall is coming.
Maybe I will finally get around to making a sign for the door of my laundry room:
Welcome to the Pit of Despair
If that reference means nothing to you, our friendship is over until you watch the "Princess Bride."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.