I had planned to sit down and just kind of recap some Sunday afternoon thoughts. Then the afternoon was gone and I was just putting in my 4th load of laundry and dinner loomed. So I sat down anyway.
I don't usually do a ton of chores on Sunday. I need a Sabbath. I need my attention to be focused on church, teaching, loving the body of Christ, the occasional luxury of a nap, reading, studying....but not chores. Today, however, chores couldn't wait. Laundry has been overwhelming with a 6-year-old who has been sick for 12 straight days. Yup. 12. The stomach virus that took him down last week has done something to him. He isn't recovering. It isn't like the first day of violent stomach incidents (details not included), but he's still going through extra sets of clothes, extra baths, and extra bedding. He is not in some kind of severe state where he's lethargic and dehydrated, but he is tired and pale and barely eating. On Friday morning, the doc told me a few things:
1) This is not normal. (Yup, I had also reached that conclusion.)
2) It's OK for him to be around other kids. (I am extremely hyper about keeping my kids away from other kids when they might be contagious.)
3) He has to eat only the BRATT diet for 3 days with no exceptions. He hates B (banana), so he's left with rice, applesauce, toast, and tea. He is bored with RATT and even that bland food still sends him to the bathroom.
4) If this doesn't clear up, I have to check back tomorrow and maybe proceed down the road of stool samples. Oh my.
So, I had more laundry to do than usual this Sabbath.
I love to write about deep things, real things
I love to write about a light bulb moment in the Word.
I love to write about funny things.
This is not one of those blogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.