Yesterday, I was super busy but had lots and lots of time with my own thoughts. And the answer to this riddle is? I was painting.
As it turns out, painting is an excellent opportunity to pray. My mind and heart were just full of people I love who are waiting, hurting, questioning, wrestling, struggling--all of it. Always, I end up thinking of Job and Habakkuk when I feel such weightiness. God knew how sin would break us. He knew we would feel like we were drowning in the shadows of a broken body, a broken world. He knew.
So he gave us Job.
And he gave us Habakkuk.
And he gave us Jesus.
He gave us men who never gave up on hearing from God.
He gave us men who chose God in the face of devastation.
And then, he gave us himself and descended into the shadows and brokenness.
This morning, as I sat outside with my Bible and journal just talking with God about how hard and scary things get for all of us, I had an "even though" moment. I began to list my "even thoughs". (Habakkuk 3:17 would be a tremendously helpful read if you're a bit lost here.)
Even though.....
Even though.....
Even though.....
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD. I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. The Sovereign Lord is my strength. He makes me as sure as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.
Do you have any "even thoughs today? I filled two pages in my prayer journal with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.