My kitchen has seen a lot of me today. I needed to make refried beans. I make a big, fresh batch in the crock pot and freeze batches of them. They are amazing. That was just the beginning of kitchen time....
-peeled, chopped, cooked up large batch of cinnamon apples from a bag of apples I was given (I have scored huge from people giving me windfall apples this year--I have stocked my freezer with preserved chopped apples and applesauce)
-homemade baked potato soup (time-intensive, but super yummy)
-grated 4 pounds of cheese (good sale on blocks of cheese at King Soopers for any of my local friends)
-grated soap for my laundry detergent (technically not food, but still kitchen time)
-homemade gluten-free granola (love this stuff)
I also washed a new batch of grapes and prepared fresh green beans to steam for dinner.
Honestly? I spent hours and hours in the kitchen and got really, really tired and really, really humbled by the bounty of food all at the same time. I get really tired of the limitations on what I can eat because of my allergies, but I realized today that God has still allowed me some amazingly tasty food. I just have to work a little harder to get it. So, I'm tired and thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.