If a hangover is defined by feeling negative effects as a result of too much of something, we are hung over today. Weekends are hard on us. Between Saturday and Sunday, we have 3 church services, multiple teaching commitments, AWANA, and youth group. This doesn't include other things that come up like Finance Committee (my thing), extra youth activities, meetings, crisis stuff, phone calls, newcomers' luncheons (Sundays), and just the miscellaneous things that come up at church on the weekend. This introvert (that's me....) takes about 48 hours to recover from that much people contact. The boys are just wrung out and impossible to budge on Monday morning. The house is a wreck. Brian is in desperate need of his day off. I am usually faced with a full week of homeschool, an empty fridge, a mountain of laundry....Mondays are hard. On top of all that, our coffeemaker broke over the weekend. (I will write more about that in a separate post.)
This morning I really, really, really wanted to know why on earth chores and homeschool have come as a surprise YET AGAIN to the two children in my house. They are downright wounded by the very thought that I would expect this of them. I have kept my cool so far, but on the inside, I am desperately begging for the work of the Holy Spirit in me. I am praying for God to be glorified in what he can supernaturally do in this impatient and ungentle child (that's me....again).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.