Thursday mornings are the only morning of my entire week and weekend where I'm not rushing out the door, getting ready for something, or doing homeschool. Brian works so many late nights that he is able to adjust his schedule to go in later on Thursdays and take Joseph to his homeschool enrichment program. I usually wear my PJ's until close to noon. Eljah has preschool in the afternoon, so the PJ's have to go after noon. I am always surprised at how much stuff I have to catch up on. This has been today so far:
1) Wash Blue. Blue is actually blue blankie, or perhaps I should call it a former blue blankie. It is basically an odd mass of shredded-looking crocheting. My sister brought it to the hospital for Elijah. It is still an important part of his life.
2) Clean the fish tank.
3) Clean up spilled milk. (Yes, Elijah spills pretty much every day.)
4) Vacuum up baking soda that I sprinkled on basement carpet and couch last night after middle school boys left. Yes, the basement smells much better. I no longer have to mouth-breathe down there.
5) Dishes. Always.
6) Laundry. Always. I try to really hit it hard on Thursdays because I get a little backed up through the week.
7) Cut up and bake a pumpkin so I can divide and freeze for winter baking. I love having zucchini, squash, and pumpkin on hand in my freezer in the winter.
8) Text a couple of friends I have ignored all week.
9) Time in the Word. Some journaling.
10) Lots of time with Elijah. Lots. (This item is the reason there are not more items on this list. He is my primary focus on Thursday mornings.)
11) A little church office work from home.
12) Miscellaneous chores.
13) Second day of alfalfa sprout growing project. (I decided to try to grow my own alfalfa sprouts at home. My mom always did it and they are very nutritious. She made it look easy. Hopefully it will be. I am hoping for a good, cheap, easy source of fresh veggies for the winter.)
14) Make chocolate chip cookie cereal for Eljah's breakfast. (On Thursdays, I let him have dessert for breakfast. He chose leftover homemade cookies and we crumbled them into milk. Yes, I also made sure he had his vitamins to make up for my poor nutritional choices!)
15) Plan dinner. Defrost meat.
So far, that's my Thursday. This could potentially be the most exciting thing I've ever posted. These Thursday mornings are the breather I need in my week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.