Today has been a day of little things. The problem is that they have all been unpleasant little things that feel like they are ganging up on me.
Maybe most of you would not be in the least bit flustered by large, angry wasps building a nest in between your deck storm door and regular door. For me, this means, I cannot go in and out of my deck door, and it leaves me mired in my inability to deal with large, angry, stinging pests.
Maybe having your car in the shop doesn't rattle you like it does me. It really rattles me. We are thrifty with our money, we are careful, but car repairs never seem to fit into the budget. This wasn't the day I had hoped Brian's car would break down. (I'm not sure when that day was, actually. I hadn't put it on the calendar yet.)
Maybe an ear infection isn't that big a deal, but the one I've had for almost a solid week now is still really bothering me. It's improving, but still bothersome.
How about needing to clean my whole house because small group is here? Yes, of course my house needs to be cleaned. I just hadn't planned on it for today. I will love my time with small group, I just am a little rushed is all.
I guess the brand new crack in the windshield of the non-broken-down car is slightly bothersome as well.
Oh yeah, and the solid 2 hours I've spent trying to order blank checks for the church office has gotten to me just a bit as well. Who knew a bank could change their routing number and disturb the entire order of the known check-ordering world?
Really, just little things have been picking away at me all day. Added to some of the big things out there, I've been bugged. (Unintended wasp pun there....)
So then, one more little thing happened. The doorbell rang. I answered. This nice guy said he just aerated my neighbor's lawn and was I interested? I politely told him that our car was broken down and we didn't have the money to hire him for that. He was very polite and left. Then he returned two minutes later and told me he had an extra 20 minutes and would like to aerate our front yard for free. He said he felt bad about our car. I started crying. He smiled very nicely and aerated the front yard.
It's the little things.....
If you need this guy's number for your lawn, let me know. I doubt he'll do your lawn for free, but I know he'll do a good job. One more thing--the name of his company is Joe's Lawn Care. I have a Joe. He's 10. Oh how I hope he grows up to be polite, hardworking, and kind--just like this Joe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A friend of mine was having a hard day and ended up sobbing as she was checking out at the grocery store. The poor teenage boy that helped her out with her groceries (she was sobbing the whole way) told her "it's going to be ok." which led to more sobbing. He then said, "do you need a hug?" ...His momma raised him right!
ReplyDeleteSometimes we have to be dragged into the wilderness so God can whisper lovingly through those little things.