There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Song for Today

The boys and I recently watched The Sound of Music. It took ALOT of coaxing. They were not interested. Joseph asked me questions about it and concluded it was some sort of movie about babysitting. I finally got them to watch it. They loved it. They are still singing the songs. So am I. I adapted one since the tune was already in my head. Here goes....

Climb laundry mountain
Fold every load
Tackle every stained shirt
And loudly sing this ode

Repeat.....

(For any of the grammar-conscious out there, I do realize titles of movies should be italicized, but I cannot get my blog to underline, bold, or italicize.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.