There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Baby Seal

It's official. I live with a baby seal. Elijah has croup. Thankfully, we have not experienced it with him as severely as we did with Joseph. His nights have been calm. No emergency trips to the doctor for breathing treatments and inhalers and steroids. He is actually acting just fine which is THE PROBLEM. Croup is contagious, with or without a fever. The smaller the child, the worse it can be. Therefore, I would prefer to keep smaller children away from Elijah's virus. So.....here we are. Just Elijah and me. Actually, there has been no "me", just "us" today. I have actually begged him to watch a movie. He has politely declined and told me he will just stay with me. Shoveling show from the driveway took 3 times longer than normal since I shoveled, he covered up the spots I just shoveled and I re-shoveled them. Aside from that, little has been accomplished by me. As far as things are going for him, he has used my car keys to put major scratches in my front door, dumped moon sand all over the kitchen floor, broken a dish, "helped" me type this blog entry, and maintained nearly constant physical contact with me. I wish I knew how to completely savor this rather than swinging between annoyance and enjoyment. He is so precious. I am reminded that I still have some selfish left in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.