There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, February 22, 2010

Scrapbook Repair

Yesterday, I decided to add a few pictures to a little scrapbook my boys love. It's just pictures of them together. While I was at it, I thought it would be efficient to go ahead and add the blank refill pages I had for it. Unfortunately, the refill pages didn't quite fit. So, I took an extra 10 minutes and re-punched the pages. Voila! All that remained was to add an extension to the book so that all the pages would fit. Ummmmm......take back the "voila". The screws were stripped and the extension pieces wouldn't stay. At this point, the 15 minutes it would take to add a couple of pictures to the book had turned into an hour. Brian saw my frustration and told me he would go get something to fix it. I was picturing him wandering around Michael's right up until he spoke and said, "I'm sure Home Depot has something that will fix this." I looked at him in total disbelief and said, "You know this is a SCRAPBOOK, right?!" He calmly assured me that Home Depot would have the answer and I not-so-calmly assured him that Home Depot was not designed for scrapbookers. In the end, he headed off to Michael's. When he returned, he handed me the replacement parts--from Home Depot. Turns out, Michael's did not have anything that would help. He tried. He did. I have to admit--the scrapbook is repaired. Voila! Sometimes it is soooooo annoying when someone is right......

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you can repair a scrapbook with help from Home Depot! And I would have loved to see him wandering the aisles in Michael's trying to find the right part. :o)

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.