Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Samson
A few days ago, while Joseph was reading a passage from Judges, he asked me why God put Samson in charge of Israel as a judge. Joseph has been concerned about Samson's behavior for a couple of years and has asked many questions. It just so happened that this time, I had lost my cool with him earlier that same morning. In that moment, it made more sense than ever to me personally why Samson was chosen and used by God. Samson did not deserve to be chosen or used by God, but he was. God's choice. Based on my behavior that morning (and plenty of other times), I don't deserve to be chosen or used by God either--but I am. That morning, I could finally tell Joseph with a vivid illustration to back it up, why God chose and used Samson. Because he wanted to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.