The book I chose to study for the month of February was Habakkuk. I am wrapping it up this weekend. I love to read God's Word and to share with others what's in there. I'll keep it brief, but I did want to share a couple of things that really stood out this time.
1) We learn a lot about God in Habakkuk. Like what? He is not silent, he responds, he is at work, he is just, he is merciful, he keeps his promises, he does not turn away from his children's questions and concerns.
2) I read a quote from Ray Stedman regarding Habakkuk: "Habakkuk’s mind cannot wrap itself all the way around this huge problem…so he leaves the problem with God. Now that is a very wise thing to do because no human mind…is wide enough and deep enough to understand God’s purposes in these events. So, at this point we have to say, ‘God, I will wait patiently for Your answer.’ Most people, unfortunately, lack that patience. ‘God, I have to understand this problem right now! If You don’t explain it to me, then You must not exist. If You don’t explain it to me, if You don’t make this problem understandable to my finite mind, then I refuse to believe in You.’ "
What a cool book to read. I'm glad put He it in His Word for us today. A regular guy takes it all to God's face and God answers without condemnation or condescension. He gives as much of an answer as the regular guy can grasp. Then, the regular guy rests. He trusts. He knows it is God's strength that will bring him through the precipices of the coming events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.