I'm pretty excited today. Our guest room/office has been painted, Brian's books have been organized, and my first-ever attempt at a duvet cover is mostly complete. (Just don't look too closely at the top--it's just open because I'm afraid of buttonholes and don't know how else to fasten it.) Anyway, Elijah helped me pin and sew the seams and our room makeover is ready to share! We have loved having guests ever since the first year of our marriage. I think we have had more overnight guests than anyone I have ever met. I'm pretty sure that early on, when I prayed that God would always give us an open door and make sure we had a place for people to sleep, that he heard that and decided to answer with an emphatic, "You got it!" Our stream of guests in 18 years has been amazing. Some weeks, I have changed the sheets on our guest bed 3 times to accomodate 3 different batches of company! I am praying for many more years of guests and the blessing that comes with them and now they have an updated look at the Grams Bed and Breakfast (and Dinner if you're here).
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Duvet Day
I'm pretty excited today. Our guest room/office has been painted, Brian's books have been organized, and my first-ever attempt at a duvet cover is mostly complete. (Just don't look too closely at the top--it's just open because I'm afraid of buttonholes and don't know how else to fasten it.) Anyway, Elijah helped me pin and sew the seams and our room makeover is ready to share! We have loved having guests ever since the first year of our marriage. I think we have had more overnight guests than anyone I have ever met. I'm pretty sure that early on, when I prayed that God would always give us an open door and make sure we had a place for people to sleep, that he heard that and decided to answer with an emphatic, "You got it!" Our stream of guests in 18 years has been amazing. Some weeks, I have changed the sheets on our guest bed 3 times to accomodate 3 different batches of company! I am praying for many more years of guests and the blessing that comes with them and now they have an updated look at the Grams Bed and Breakfast (and Dinner if you're here).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Its lovely!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great, Patti! Is that the bigger room where the drumset was?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Audrey