I really like denim. Really. A lot. I like denim-patterned scrapbook paper. I like denim tote bags. I like denim couches, although I don't have one....yet. I like denim blog designs. I like denim skirts. (Yes, apparently I was genetically destined to become a homeschool mom.) My favorite denim, however, comes in the form of jeans. I.Love.Jeans. I like to dress them up with cute tops and heels. I like to dress them down with old t-shirts layered over each other. I wear them even on hot days of summer with flip-flops and tank tops. My boys have noticed how much I love jeans and one of my kids told me today that he wishes I had a pair for every day of the week because I would like that. He's right. I would. Very much. The truth is I do not have a pair for every day of the week. Not even close.
I have 2 pairs of presentable jeans, only mildly aged. And, I do have another 3 pairs in various stages of decay that I have been unable to let go. They are so soft, so perfect....ly dilapidated. So blue....ishly white. On the rare occasion when I wear them outside the house, I really should carry back-up clothing in case one of the ancient seams finally gives way.
I just want to announce--drum roll--I bought a pair of jeans today. I had some birthday money from many weeks ago still lurking about, just waiting for me to spend it. I have a new pair of jeans. Whoo-hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea, for you! But you forgot to invite your favorite clothes shopping consultant to go with you! Aw, that was a fun day! Thanks to your wonderful hubby for setting that day up for you.
ReplyDeleteI love jeans, too, but I have the hardest time finding the perfect fit. When I do, I wear them out!!
ReplyDelete