Saturday, February 12, 2011
Viruses
What an inspiring title, huh? I guess viruses are on my mind (and probably in my bloodstream) since I currently have a sick kiddo and the strong possibility of the rest of us contracting whatever he has. He's been sick so many times lately and he's really pitiful this time. When my kids or husband are sick, I have to confess that I struggle with fear. Usually, a virus runs its course and then it's done. The course can be long, but it usually ends well. It's just that I know sometimes it doesn't. I have to remind myself that God doesn't tell us not to fear because there's nothing to fear. He tells us not to fear because it accomplishes nothing good and shows a lack of trust in Him. I find myself having to kneel down by my kids or husband when they are sleeping off a virus and give them back to God--every time. As Elijah often reminds me when I tell him I love him--"Yeah, Mom, but God loves me so much more." Amen. Truth well spoken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.