If you homeschool, the title probably made sense. We have completed the 154th day of homeschool for this year. Our state mandates that home-educated students complete 172 days of school. We are close....but not so close. The last weeks of school go slowly for everyone--even homeschoolers.
It seems like just a few weeks ago, I was writing "Day 1" in our schedule. Here we are with 154 days down already. Wow.
I was laughing with a friend recently and told her that I think God might be using homeschool to shape my character more than my kids' character!! It has required a stamina and faithfulness of me that feels impossible some days. This past year was absolutely riddled with ministry difficulties and personal health issues and doctors and boiler drama and broken-down cars, as well as serious difficulties in the lives of friends and family. Still, the work God laid out for me every day was to get up and make sure school got accomplished for the day. He didn't ask me to wait until things settled down. He asked me to be faithful in the life he was laying out in front of me.
Impossible. Completely. I was figuratively (and often literally) collapsed on the couch whispering somewhere in the depths of my heart: "Remember that Asher blessing in Deuteronomy? Lord, please.....I need strength to equal my days. Please."
The fact that I am here, having finished Day 154, is testimony to a God who was carrying me one day at a time. Working faithfulness one day at a time. Strengthening me one day at a time. Loving this child who is completely unlovable.
It wasn't me. By the grace of God, I did not quit. Because of Him, I am reaping some beautiful things from where I sit here on Day 154.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.