There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Weather

Comments and conversations about the weather are so common, so mundane, so......I don't know. And here I am. Compelled to talk about the weather. The last few days have been coolish, overcast, drizzly, quiet. The air is still. The sky is mostly gray. But it smells wonderful outside. It smells like the mountains. I love summer in the mountains and our weather right now feels a lot like many summer days in the mountains. (Of course, the real mountains, thousands of feet beyond us, are still buried in snow....500 inches in one season!!) I am just soaking in the amazing smells and reminders of a mountain summer, right here in the almost-mountain spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.