We have a new toy. A blood pressure machine. The cuff only fits the boys and me because Brian's man arms do not fit a size small cuff. (He and I consider it a good sign that he does not have stick-thin arms....It would be an alarming, not to mention unattractive look for him.) Elijah is fascinated with his blood pressure and asks me to take it in both arms every single day. His blood pressure was incredibly high today. I strongly suspect the non-stop wiggling and talking through the reading had something to do with it. I am supposed to be taking my blood pressure and pulse to make sure they are low, but not too low. My medication can actually drive them too low. So, that's the new toy.
I tried to take a picture of myself with my webcam. Fail. I really don't like pictures of myself, for the most part. So...no new haircut picture.
I have been instructed (about 682 times, give or take) to be insanely careful about saturated fat. My recommended daily allowance is 9-12 grams. This is just super great news. I can have a 1-inch block of cheese, 3 ounces of ground beef, and 4 green olives. Really--there is no end to the exciting combinations I can make.....Wow. I am particularly enjoying the addition of ground flaxseed (otherwise known as 100% fiber) to many of my meals. Or maybe I'm not.
Finally, the big news. I wore.....the fanny pack!! In public!! I'm pretty sure people were pointing at me out of their front windows this morning as I walked by, but I did it!! Very convenient. I tried to hide it under a hoodie, but there were two problems:
1) It was actually pretty warm outside.
2) I looked 6 months pregnant.
I finally just embraced it. (Can you believe a friend of mine had not 1, but 3 unused fanny packs at her house and she generously gifted me with an entire brand-new fanny pack all to myself?)
It is glorious out today. Dry, but glorious. Today on my walk, I felt my soul stir, just a tiny bit, in the old way that it used to when I looked at the blue sky. I believe and hope in all God says he is and will do. I have just been longing for the feeling to go with it. To feel the stirring again, no matter how small...it's what I've been wanting so badly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was beautiful here today too. I think you should post a picture anyway! I did. I hate pictures of myself as well. That's why it took me so long to post mine. I kept taking them and taking them and taking them...and deleting them and deleting them and deleting them...and then I decided to just give up and post one. Kinda freeing. ;o)
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking you should put the fanny pack on the back side and then hoodie over it. It's the "in" thing these days....to have a big bootie. Your neighbors might look at you in a whole new way. LOL
ReplyDelete