There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, April 8, 2011

Rudeness

Brian told me if he was a blogger, he would blog about something today. So....I am blogging about it. He went to a conference for youth pastors today. 40 youth pastors showed up. Nice little gathering....until you consider 150 youth pastors RSVP'd and the conference folks were providing lunch.

Really? 110 of you had to go ahead and perpetuate the stereotype of what most people think a youth pastor is? Nice. No. Actually? Rude.

Speaking of sterotypes, don't even get me started on the remarks Brian always gets about taking groups of youth to an amusement park. People think it's just playing. Wow. I think everyone should have to keep track of 40 teenagers at an amusement park for an entire day and then re-visit their comment about Brian getting a "day off".

I'm done now. I offered Brian a guest blog spot, but he declined.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking from a youth sponsor point of view about amusement parks...NO it's not a "play day". None of it is. For those that are complaining...why don't you step up or stop complaining. Now I'm done! Oh...btw....I think Brian is an amazing youth pastor and so do my kids and I was telling the ladies that this weekend while Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.