I have run short on my very crucial processing time for awhile now. My processing time mostly consists of writing and thinking. That's it. Errands and phone calls and life have stacked up a little bit. I could tell things were stacking up a little when I found myself studiously looking in the oven for the milk the other night. (Honest mistake, OK? The fridge is right next to the stove....)
I'm back in experiment mode in the kitchen which always takes time from my life as well. I'm looking up things on the Internet, checking out cookbooks from the library, just trying to expand possible things to eat. There are some staples. The guys will eat hot wings and garlic parmesan wings as often as I serve them. They also love mexican night with homemade beans and rice and home-seasoned taco meat. Aside from that, I need to provide a little variety and that's been more of a struggle. I'm in a cooking rut. The past two years have been such a steep learning curve with all my allergies that I just got tired. Add in a few months of significant health issues, and I haven't really done a lot of learning lately. I realized this after I fed the boys spaghetti for 5 lunches in a row.....
Lately, I'm trying to incorporate some more "heart-healthy" options and am finding myself back on the learning curve, working on how to substitute more oils for butter in my recipes. I am also on my continual quest to feed the entire family as little processed food as possible. All this food focus takes time.
I am very thankful for all my "weird allergy friends" who give me tips, encouragement, and teach me along the way. I must say--I had some amazing homemade gingersnaps earlier this week. A friend made them. They were seriously the best thing I've had in.....ummm....a reeeeaaallllly long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.