There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, April 18, 2011

Exercise

I am officially cleared to exercise. The exercise physiologist did all kinds of tests and interviewed me for a long time. Let me tell you--I was hoping he would tell me I am NEVER allowed to exercise again. Not so. He did change things up a bit. He didn't seem to think it was necessary or recommended for me to run on the treadmill the way that I had been prior to the heart attack. He gave me a very complex chart of inclines and speeds and it does not include running at my former pace--ever. That's OK. It was hard to do that. :) Moderate weight lifting is back on the table, yoga, walking, incline walking, and moderate running.

So....I'm officially back at the gym on the days I'm not walking the neighborhood and talking with my various canine buddies along the way. (Side note: Serial Killer I and Serial Killer II have not been out the last two times. Yay!!) The fun part of the gym? (Yes, there is a fun part.) Joseph is old enough to come with me and exercise. I am trying not to grin like a maniac the whole time that I get to work out next to my son. I'm trying really hard not to be an embarrassing mom.

1 comment:

  1. My neighborhood doesn't have serial killers (I hope). But it does have pit bull on the corner, big-black-mean dog on the deck, Bella, Thelma, Sam, and Miley. All dogs who harrass me and my four legged kids as we walk each morning.

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.