There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Milestone

Today is the last day of 4th grade for my 4th grader. My preschooler graduated from preschool last week. My husband turned 40 yesterday. Today I go to the pharmacy to pick up yet another round of my heart medicine and another Epi-pen. (Epi-pens expire and I'm not enough of a risk-taker to carry an expired one and hope it works if I need it.)

Reflective is the name of my mood today. Life is moving. It never stops. I am getting older. I have been asking myself if I am using the time given me well. Am I loving God? Am I loving my neighbor?

I did get a wonderful smile today in the middle of my introspection. Elijah was filling up a plastic cup while he was in the bathtub and he said, "Look, Mom! It's like the psalm of that David guy. My cup is overflowing!" :)

Oh, I also got another wonderful smile today. Thanks to a new approach I've been learning to teaching a student to write, Joseph wrote a clear, well-organized paper on bee and wasp nests....and never cried or got frustrated. This is landmark for him and for me. I am so grateful that God saw his tears and my frustration and sent a friend to offer to lend me her costly training materials. I had never heard of them. I took them out of sheer desperation. What a gift. I would not have pursued this program due to sheer cost. Sometimes....being cheap doesn't pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.