There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Leaves....Almost

The leaves on my tree are almost out. Finally. Who knows what's going on inside those rough, gray branches and big, lumpy trunk? Something must go on. I just can't see it.

That's kind of how I feel about me right now. Something must be going on. I belong to Jesus. The Holy Spirit dwells in me. There has to be something going on. I just can't see it.

Maybe my "leaves" are almost out.

I was so happy to see a big, beautiful perfect rainbow tonight. It reminded me that God keeps his promises. I am needing to dwell on a promise-keeping God who says he began a good work in me and will carry it on to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.