Setting: Leaving, yet again, for baseball practice. Flurry of shoes, baseball gear. Crying 5-year-old.
Me: Joseph, please open the garage. (Note: We have an attached garage with no door into our house. We have to go outside to get into our big garage door.)
J: OK.
Me: Elijah, please stop crying and get your shoes on.
E: (sobbing)
Me: Joseph, I'll pop the trunk and you can put your gear in the trunk.
E: (sobbing)
Me: (calling out from the front door to the garage) Is the trunk open?
J: No.
Me: (exasperated, trying to grab water bottles and other gear) I thought I popped it. Hang on. Let me find my keys again.
(sound of garage door opening)
Me: Were you just telling me the trunk was closed? How could you tell since the garage door wasn't open?
E: Joseph, the trunk is TOO open.
J: (shrugs)
And, we made it to baseball practice on time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.