To kick off the week, I went in for blood work today. Apparently, my medicine is working. My total cholesterol is 130. My LDL is 70. That was the cardiac rehab goal. That is some low cholesterol. Wow.
I also started off the week by being horrendously late on starting school today. It's OK. It doesn't bother me like it used to. It all works out. It was a good day for me in homeschool when I discovered ebb and flow and stopped trying keep the schedule under iron control.
Oh, I should mention that I cleaned the shower. This is a big deal.
I am developing summer fever. Each spring, I start feverishly making lists of everything I need to accomplish in the summer. Summer is when I prepare and order for the next year of school, clean my carpet, clean out each room of the house, organize the school area, wash all my window coverings, clean my windows, clean out the garage, deep clean the car, defrost and inventory the freezer, catch up on developing pictures and scrapbooking, update my menus and recipe plans, catch up on correspondence.....OK, I admit it. Summer is not actually when I do all those things. It's when I would like to do those things. I put so much pressure on myself for summer because the homeschool season doesn't seem to allow me a lot of time for projects like these. I am trying to face the summer realistically this year, but there is still that flutter of hope that this will be the summer I turn into superwoman.
A real summer involves much more weeding than I ever anticipate, long sessions of reading books to the boys and playing board and card games, time just sitting in a lawn chair eating a popsicle, and still needing to make 3 meals a day. Some things, like preparing for school, have to be done. Other things....well, let's just say they have been on the list for awhile.
I gave up on my tulips today. Only two bloomed this year. It was weird. Normally, they are lovely and thick every year.
And....that is sort of how my week began.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading your ideal summer list makes me tired. I say aim for the second list. :)
ReplyDelete