I've been wanting to share about something I get to do sometimes. I skip second service at church. Impressive, huh? The part I want to share is why I skip. His name is Austin. He's profoundly disabled. As much as he loves singing time, the preaching time is very trying for him and he is vocal when he is uncomfortable or bored. So, sometimes I get to hang out with him during second hour. I read to him and talk to him. He is non-verbal, but has a smile that lights me up.
For over 20 years, his parents have lived a life that looks different than what they had dreamed when they knew he was on the way. Everything changed for them. Everything.
Their story is not mine to share. It's just that for a small window of time during second service sometimes, I get to take care of Austin--to be a tiny part of his story and he of mine. The privilege and joy is all mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.