I logged on today and found some unfinished posts--four of them. Wow. What is going on? It seems to reflect the rest of my life and the unfinished things surrounding me. Instead of trying to finish all four posts, I decided to summarize.
1. On Friday afternoon, homeschool had spiraled into a fierce and sweaty game of basement Nerf basketball with music blasting in the background while I shouted into it things like, "Name the possessive pronouns" and "Can you reduce 6/24?" They might have learned something. I don't know if it was grammar or math, but they learned that sometimes we all need a break.
2. I walked in the rain. Steady, glorious rain. My feet got soaked, but it was a walk that put freshness in my lungs and filled me with thoughts of God's mercy and forgiveness.
3. My direction has officially changed....again. I went to the church semi-annual business meeting and had no official role. I am no longer a financial person. At all. I am still thinking through this direction change and all of its implications. I resigned awhile back, but being in a financial setting where I wasn't the one speaking "finance" was different. I wonder if God is preparing me to learn a new "language", even though I spoke "finance" so fluently.
4. I shopped yesterday. It was grocery shopping day, but that didn't get accomplished. I was given some money awhile back to buy some clothes I desperately needed and I finally made it to the store. Shopping for clothes is a bit like being punished. I'm not a shopper. I did manage to stagger forth from the store with a swimsuit (after about 15 I tried on). I also found a pair of shorts after at least 25 pairs I tried. (This is big since the only pairs I had prior to this were running shorts.) The replacement black tee and summer tank tops were easy and cheap. Really, the most fun part was a basic t-shirt sundress thing that will be comfy and cool for some time in Texas and Arizona this summer. I was exhausted, but grateful for the gift helping me purchase clothes.
By the way, the gift of Hot Hands came in quite handy at a chilly Saturday baseball game. They were much-appreciated by my son, the pitchers, and me! I love those things!
That is the summary of my unfinished posts. Riveting, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now didn't you and I suffer through swim suit shopping last year? You mean you had to return to that AWFUL task??
ReplyDeleteVdog